List of 9 the Best 49 key MIDI controller
If you are aspiring to make a home studio, you can never accomplish your dream without a MIDI controller. Hope you are planning to do it for the very first time. Well, if that’s the case, it would indeed be a very difficult task to find out the right device so that you get no choice to complain about! We are here to discuss about the parameters that you must consider while purchasing a MIDI controller. Alongside, we will talk about all those products that are doing really well in the market at present so that you get options to pick from! Read the article on Best 49 key MIDI Controller Keyboards
Since making money is never an easy task. It is also very difficult to keep a passion and not being able to fulfil it. I know all of that is very hard. Well, today, we would be listing a few devices, or rather MIDI controllers with 49 keys so that you do not get your investment wrong. I agree, this number of keys might not be the ideal one for all those who are looking for a professional model, yet it is a good option to go for if you are planning to purchase a gadget that’s good enough!
How to decide about choosing the right keyboard?
If you are planning to purchase a MIDI keyboard for the very first time in your life, and you do not know where to start, here are a few things that might help you in taking this decision. Choosing a MIDI keyboard isn’t easy, I know! However, it is no rocket science as well. All you need is to do a little bit of research and in case you have got some friends or acquaintances who have had bought a MIDI keyboard, you can definitely ask them to know which device is actually the best one in the lot.
- Number of keys: This is certainly the first and foremost thing that you should be looking for while purchasing a MIDI keyboard. Yeah, if you are gifting this device to someone who is just a kid and would be taking up the lessons of playing a keyboard, going for a 25 keys MIDI keyboard would be an ideal option for that person. However, you can definitely go for a set of 49 keys too. As the individual grows up, you can shift the devices and get another bigger one for him or her with a greater number of features and higher functionality. On the contrary, if someone is looking for a replacement of his or her old device, and is thus, seeking for a MIDI keyboard, he or she may opt for the ones with the 88 keys and that would work fine with that individual.
- Consider the physical space: It is essential to check the amount of space that is available with you. There’s no point in purchasing a giant MIDI keyboard and then keep toiling with the space available with you so that it could fit right there. In such a scenario, you should always consider thinking the space that you can devote to your keyboard and then accordingly, make the purchase.
- Check your preferences well: If you are just starting off, and you don’t want to spend such a huge sum of money on your MIDI keyboard, that’s absolutely fine and quite obvious too. Therefore, you should at first be aware of whether you are a beginner or is looking forward to scale it up to a professional level. If you are a beginner, your lookout will certainly be different from the ones you would otherwise have looked for, in a MIDI keyboard had you wanted to play the device professionally. The features will also vary accordingly. Make decisions wisely and only after you are sure about which one to pick, confirm the deal.
- See through the features: The requirements for one person vary widely from another, and this depends on your take on the learning process. If you are just a newbie and has not thought of doing anything professionally at this particular point of time, you can go for the ones with just a couple of features. On the contrary, if you really want to take up this music experience to a professional level, you would obviously need to go for the keyboards that come with high-end features.
- Budget: Of course, this is another important factor to note. There’s no point in breaking your bank just to purchase a MIDI keyboard. You can always have options to go for high end devices later on when you accumulate enough money to purchase that device efficiently. Till then, you can always go for something that is priced with a moderately ranged tag. You should never go out of your capacity and purchase something, and keep on regretting about it later on. Instead, take enough time to decide about which model would work for you, and compare their features and prices so that you can pick the best deal available in the market.
- Look through the customer reviews and ratings: Since it is more likely that you would purchase your next MIDI keyboard, you should certainly look through the customer reviews and ratings as that would help you decide which particular gadget to pick. When you have so many options available before you, it is really difficult to decide which one to purchase. In such a scenario, you should always look through the customer reviews and the feedbacks, along with the ratings to decide which particular model should you be investing upon.
- Make a comparative analysis: It is always ideal to pick up a product only when you have researched enough about it. With so many options available under the same category, make a comparative study among all of them. Take your time and note down the features along with the prices tagged for each of them. Only after you think that it is worth the price you are paying for it, take your decision and lock it. Post purchase disorder is one of the worst things ever! You will certainly not want to invest upon a product and then bang your head over it!
- Check the post purchase service and the warranties: Since most products available today promise to offer the best kinds of post purchase service, it would be the best to see through the warranty period being offered prior to the purchaser only when you are comfortable enough, make the payment and place the order. However, make sure that you preserve all the documents properly so that you do not have to regret about it later on. Also, a product within a stipulated warranty period gets easy replacement and you can also deal with its faults and flaws, if found in any chance.
- Look at the payment schemes available: When you are purchasing a product, you may not want or afford to do the entire payment all at once. In such a scenario, you can always go for the payment options available therein. Yeah, the same goes for purchasing a MIDI keyboard as well. You can always check the EMI payment schemes and other solutions. This will not only bother you about paying the whole amount in a single go, but at the same time, you will not have a burden assigned all over you. You can make your other regular expenses quite easily without any trouble.
|ArturiaKeyLab 49 MkII MIDI keyboard|
|IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O 49|
|Novation Impulse 49|
|Novation Launchkey 49 Mk2|
|Nektar Panorama P4|
|M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3|
|Nektar Impact GX49|
|KorgmicroKEY AIR 49 Bluetooth|
1. ArturiaKeyLab 49 MkII MIDI keyboard
Key Lab is the flagship model from Arturia. The best thing about this keyboard is that it is available with both 49 and 61 keys format. This MIDI keyboard is available in both black and white shades, so you can choose any one of them which you prefer! It comes with DAW controls and deep integration, something that you are sure to fall in love with, once you start using it. It comes with an aluminum case that gives a robust look and feel to the whole model. The keybed gives a professional level of playing experience and the excellent sensitivity of the keys ensure delivering full range of velocities. The mod wheels and the metal pitch are absolutely responsive. The MKII is operationally intuitive. It comes with three distinct modes and is well known for offering a perfect synth editing.
- It comes with ten user-configurable presets
- It features 16 RGB Backlit performance pads
- It comprises with a USB power supply with an optional adapter
- There is a control bank with 9 faders and 9 rotary knobs
- It comes with three well-executed operational modes
- There are also 3 assignable auxiliary pedal inputs
- There is tight integration with an analog lab
- No such has been reported so far other than the fact that this model is a little expensive than the ones from the same category
2. IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O 49
It is a great MIDI controller that comes with a perfect audio interface set together in that one single model. The iRig Keys I/O comes with a MIDI controller keyboard along with an audio interface, all packed into a single unit. It is designed in the form of a compact model without making any compromise in terms of playability. Also, it comes with an impressive line-up of a bundled software. It features light and responsive keys that are unweighted at the same time. It comes with an onboard audio interface that operates at up to 24-bit/96kHz. It features a knockout software bundle and is a perfect deal on almost every studio desk.
- It comes with a MIDI control along with an audio I/O that is set up all in one
- If is compatible with Mac, iOS and PC as well
- It comes with an impressive bundled software
- It features velocity-sensitive synth-action keys
- It is extremely lightweight weighing just 2.18 kg which makes it very easy to handle
- It comes with 2 slider strips for pitch and modulation
- It also features an octave, a program change and transport controls
- There are 5 programmable touch-sensitive knobs accompanied with 8 velocity-sensitive pads
- There is only one mono input
- This MIDI controller is meant specifically for the beginner level players, and not for the professional ones
3. Roland A-49
Roland A-49 49 Key MIDI Keyboard Controller is right when it comes to performance reviews. It has achieved enough ratings which makes it even more popular among the masses. In case you are looking for a 49 key MIDI controller for your iPad, this Roland A-49 is just the right choice for you. It does not require an additional USB power to work with the iPad since it draws approximately 98 mA. It comes with an unique feature that is the D-BEAM controller which allows you to send control data at ease.
- It is featured with 49 with velocity sensitivity keys
- Octaves: Up and Down buttons.
- It comes with a Bundled Software wherein it has Cakewalk SONAR LE, which is meant only for the Windows.
- Power: USB powered.
- It is featured with a USB, 5-Pin MIDI, and 2 x TRS input for an expression and a sustain pedal
- It is capable of controlling hardware directly
- It is absolutely compatible with Mac OS X and Windows and also for iOS via CCK.
- It weighs just 5.56 lbs
- It comprises of 2 knobs and 2 switches
- It is just apt for you if you are looking for a simple yet effective MIDI controller instead of going for a full featured DAW integration
4. Novation Impulse 49
Novation Impulse 49 is one of the highest rated options in the category of MIDI controller. The transport controls are one of the most amazing features available with this keyboard. It comes with dedicated buttons that are meant for play, stop, rewind, a loop toggle, record, and a fast forward switch. It is featured with a arpeggio mode wherein we can use the pads to change the rhythm or turn off the notes. It is just an appropriate gadget for players who have been looking for a device to compose and produce music. It comes with an Automap software which makes it absolutely easy to set up with applications like Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Sonar, Reason, and more.
- It comes with 49 full size, square front, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch.
- It is featured with 16 velocity sensitive pads that are just ideal for RGB illumination
- It comes with bundled software: Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech
- It features USB or optional separate power supply
- The keyboard comes with USB, 5-pin MIDI out connectivity and 1 x TRS input for sustain pedal
- It is capable of controlling hardware directly
- This gadget is just compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 or later + Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- It is a bit heavy weighing around 11.02 lbs
5. Novation Launchkey 49 Mk2
Novation Launchkey 49 with solid and robust faders along with some astounding keys and knobs. The Launchkey 49 Mk2 is basically a plug and play MIDI controller. It is designed for producing and performing electronic music with velocity sensitive RGB pads that will provide a complete control over your MIDI functions. It helps you show your creativity with Ableton and also maps the major music creating apps and DAWs by mapping them automatically. The keys are so responsive that they are just apt if you are looking for a gadget that will yield you with the best of the performance as well as help you with music composition. It comes with a minimal design that will help you figure out your controls without any additional effort.
- It is basically a 49 note velocity sensitive synth style keyboard
- It comes with 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads
- It is featured with Octave Up and Down buttons
- It is featured with a bundled software such as Ableton Live Lite 9
- It comprises of USB and DC powered
- This model is featured with a 1/4” jack socket connectivity along with a USB socket, DC power socket
- It controls the hardware directly
- It is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, Windows 7,8, iOS
- It is a little heavy in comparison to other models
- There is a lack of sensitivity in the pads as complained by some users
6. Nektar Panorama P4
Nektar Panorama P4 49-key MIDI Controller Keyboard is a very basic MIDI controller that is designed to be used with Logic Pro, Apple MainStage, Cubase, Bitwig Studio, Nuendo, Reaper and Reason. It comes with a channel strip control that is featured along with a 100 mm motorized touch sensitive fader. It also comprises of 2 mod wheels that responds to the volume of selected track in any DAW. It is easily accessible to the EQ and inserts without any trouble. It comes with a 3.5” high resolution TFT screen that provides a real time view of the controls and functions that you have been using to access your DAW control.
- It comes with 49 semi-weighted, velocity sensitive keys with aftertouch.
- It features 12 velocity and pressure sensitive pads that you can use to set 7 velocity curves
- It comes up with 20 pad maps that can transpose and octave shift them.
- It comes with 10 octaves by using Octave Up and Octave Down controls.
- It is featured with one USB port that will power everything except the motorized fader. In such a case, you will need an additional external USB Micro B power supply port to power all the features
- It comes with a USB Micro B, 5-pin MIDI out connectivity along with 2 x TRS inputs for expression pedal and sustain pedal or footswitch input.
- It controls the hardware directly
- It is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later + Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista.
- It is a bit heavy weight and it would weigh somewhere around 14 lbs
7. M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3
If you are looking for a keyboard that comes within a budget, this is one of the best deals available in the market at the same time. It is certainly the best keyboard available in the current scenario. If you are just a newbie, and has not got a high budget, you will get no better deal than this with so many features yet at such a low price. It is one of the best in the category with some amazing features that are sure to meet all your requirements and you would surely get no space to regret post the purchase is done.
- It is basically a full-size 49 key keyboard
- It comes with synth action velocity sensitive keys
- This keyboard comprises of a dedicated pitch and mod wheels
- It does not make any compromise in terms of performance
- It offers the best integrations with Ableton Live and Pro Tools
- It also comes with education software and several other virtual instruments
- It is devoid of any pads and faders
8. Nektar Impact GX49
The Impact GX49 is one of the best models for both the beginners as well as the professional MIDI players. It is extremely light-weight and compact. It is featured with a dedicated set of transport and navigation controls. The best thing about this controller is that it comes with Nektar’s DAW Integration feature, which in turn, makes it absolutely compatible with most of the major DAWs. With this MIDI controller, you will be able to compose your music efficiently without any hassle. It lets you produce your beats without having to reach either the mouse or your PC keyboard. It is so very compatible that you can connect it with almost every alternate gadget or PC.
- It is featured with 49 note full-sized velocity sensitive keys
- It comes with up and Down Octave Buttons: 3 Octaves Down, 4 Octaves Up
- It comprises of a Bundled Software, included with a Bitwig 8-Track
- It is featured with a 1/4” TS jack foot switch input (MIDI Assignable),
- There is a USB port along with a connection to iPad via Apple Camera Connection Kit (not supplied)
- It controls the Hardware directly
- It is compatible with Windows, OSX, iOS and Linux (you may need to install a MIDI package such as JACK)
- It is quite lightweight weighing just around 4.8 lbs which is decent enough
- It is just the right device for people looking for a purchase within the budget
- It might not be the best deal for people looking for a professional MIDI keyboard
9. KorgmicroKEY AIR 49 Bluetooth
KorgmicroKEY AIR 49 Bluetooth MIDI Keyboard Controller is certainly the best choice for people who have been looking for an option that is compatible with the iOS devices. The KorgmicroKEY Air 49-Key controller is basically a streamlined portable keyboard controller. It is designed for Apple’s popular laptops and iOS mobile devices. It comes with some really amazing features that are just mandatory to be there with a MIDI keyboard. It also includes a pitch wheel, a mod wheel and octave selection buttons that would ensure your convenience while playing the gadget. It comes with a USB power and two AA batteries that you can keep using for a prolonged period of more than 30 hours at a stretch.
- 49-Key mini keybed with velocity sensitivity keys and useful keyboard controls
- It also gives you a provision to keep connecting wirelessly via Bluetooth technology
- It comprises of +4/-4 octaves
- It is featured with a bundled Software that include AAS modules, UVI Digital Synsations, Propellerhead Reason Limited, Legacy Collection M1 Le
- It is USB powered or 2 x AA batteries
- It assures USB, Bluetooth, Assignabe Footswitch connectivity
- It is absolutely compatible with Mac OS X, iOS via CCK.
- It is absolutely lightweight, which makes this gadget ideal in case you want to carry it on the go!
- Low latency control is one of the most positive parameters of this model
- It is doing excellent in terms of performance
- It has no direct control over its hardware
We have mentioned some of the best 49 keys MIDI controller above. The basic intention of picking up only these models in our top 10 list is because we have been looking forward to bring the best for you. The moment you decide to shift your choice of replace your old keyboard with a 49 key set, you should atleast go for something that is worth the value you are paying for it. In this context, you should definitely prefer to choose a keyboard that will give you the best deal from the list.
We have prepared this list only after we have finished comparing different models available in the market. We have also considered the customer reviews and witnessed the ratings too, in order to make sure that you are investing right and is not compelled to regret later on. Well, that was all about our today’s top recommendations. Do let us know about the one you have picked and how much did you like it!
More Such Article similar to on you like on the Best 49 key MIDI controller Keyboards