Best MIDI controller under 200 dollars
If you are thinking about music production, the first and foremost thing that you should focus on having is none other than a MIDI controller. Yeah, that would probably not a problem if you have a high budget to spend upon it. However, in case you have an extremely tight budget and you will be able to spend just a small sum of money, it’s important that you choose your gadget wisely. Although it seems to be a complication, that’s not actually so! You will easily be able to get a really good device with a pack of functions at a really inexpensive rate that’s below 200 dollars.
All you need is to conduct a bit of research on your end and make sure that the product you are purchasing have got all the basic prospects that you would otherwise need in handling an efficient music producing hub. The budget is extremely ideal and you get so many features together at such an affordable rate. As a result, you get something that would not just meet your needs, but at the same time, it gives you a deal that will enhance your musical experience and help you improve your production too!
How easy is it for a beginner to start learning to operate a MIDI controller?
If you are new to the industry, it is quite obvious that you would need to learn operating a gadget at first, but at the same time, you should understand that learning to play a musical instrument is no rocket science. All you need is to have a lot of patience for that’s extremely critical if you truly want to expertise in that field. Initially, you might not be able to experiment that much and come up with your new and successful compositions, but at the same time, if you keep on working with it, you are going to do really good in the days to come.
Make sure that you aren’t leaving it mid-way, take your own time and continue putting in all your efforts without any second choice. You must realize the fact that things might not be a problem to you if you are consistent enough in your approach and do not believe in giving up. Keep up with your efforts and you are sure to do well in the field you are in. You ought to accept that while some people will actually expertise in playing a MIDI controller within a short span of time, there will be others who would need much more time. There’s no issue about it though. You may not start doing good all of a sudden. All you need is to keep practicing, and you would definitely be able to master soon.
What should you look for in a MIDI Keyboard prior to purchase?
If you are purchasing a MIDI keyboard for the very first time, and is finding something that will be wise enough as a decision on your part to invest, here are a few things that you must check out:
- Portability is a must:
If you are a travelling musician and got to do a lot of live performances, it is quite obvious for you to search for a MIDI keyboard that is lightweight. It will help you in smooth transitions from one location to that of another. Not just this, it even allows you to come up with a device that’s easy to handle and carry.
Budget is the first thing that you should be looking at, when it comes to your purchase. You ought to think about your pocket first prior to purchase. At times, you find a keyboard that’s within your budget but may lack all the features that you have been looking for! On the contrary, you may find a keyboard that meets all your requirements but causes a burning sensation in your pocket. Therefore, make sure that you purchase a product that comprises of all the features meant to serve your purpose of music production.
- Weight and dimensions:
This is certainly one of the most significant attributes of purchasing a MIDI controller. It determines the amount of space you have and how much you can afford to dedicate for the keyboard. Take a note of all these issues well prior to the investment. Once you are certain of the weight of the MIDI controller, you know whether or not will it be lightweight so that you can avail carrying it along with yourself while you are travelling.
Of course, the budget and the brand determine the features that you would be receiving in the model of MIDI controller. However, you can still prefer to check out the list of features before making the purchase. Based on whether you are just a beginner or a high-end music producer who is practicing at a professional level, you will need to have advanced features in your device.
Now that you are already about the necessary attributes that you should be looking in your MIDI controller, here is a list of the best products under 200 dollars to help you fetch a product that would consequently match your requirements!
List of the Best MIDI Keyboards Under $200 with price & features
|Nektar Impact LX49|
|Akai MPK Mini MKII|
|Akai Professional MPD226|
|M-Audio Keystation 49 II|
|IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro Full-sized 37-key MIDI Controller|
|Korg Triton Taktile 25|
|M-Audio Oxygen 49 Mk IV|
|Novation Launchkey 49|
No matter how many keyboards you purchase in the future, your first keyboard will always be the one that would set your base in this music industry. However, that makes the process of making the choice even more critical. It is quite obvious on your part to stay confused and hesitant, particularly when you have got a limited budget to expend. In such a scenario, even a balance of 200 dollars might serve your purpose, provided you are well aware of the features you are looking for! Without extending the topic any further, let’s start with the list of products that are available under 200 dollars. Here are they:
1. Nektar Impact LX49
The reason for which we are including this particular product in our list of top MIDI keyboards is the efficiency of the itinerary. It is a perfect deal for any newbie who has been looking to produce music. You would definitely love it the way it works and once you get accustomed to this item, you will not want to recommend something else to anyone. This controller is really amazing in terms of functionality and you would never want to shift to any other model once you use this!
- It comprises of a useful mixer section that comes with a lot of faders
- It also comprises of 8 pads and 8 knobs
- It gives you a provision to save 5 presets
- It is designed such that you get a plug and play integration
- It comprises of most of the major DAWs except for the Ableton Live
- It comes with 49 Synth action keys
- It has 9 faders and 9 assignable buttons
- If comes with buttons that are meant for octave up/down, play, stop, transpose, record and many others
- It has 2 wheels (pitch bend + modulation)
- It has not received any negative feedback so far
2. Akai MPK Mini MK II
If you are one of those people who have been thinking of an in-budget deal and do not want to spend too much of money unnecessarily yet is looking for any of the products that would serve the purpose of sending MIDI information to the computer, this will be a really good product to purchase. It is so far the best deal for all the starter producers and DJs along with the ones who have been looking for something that’s competitive enough for the market.
- It is a 25 key midi controller
- It is extremely lightweight that weighs around 1 lb
- It is equipped with eight knobs, pads along with some easily labeled buttons. You can use them to assign different kinds of sounds and set effect parameters as well.
- There is a built-in aggregator that sequences the notes on a real time basis and you can set the tempo output in your DAW
- You can alter the tempo by using the tap tempo button and reset it as per your own preference
- You can manipulate the sequencing options such as swing and thus, can use it for various arrangements
- The keys are tiny enough and if you want something for professional usage, you may probably not like it that much
3. Akai Professional MPD226
If you are willing to spend up to a budget of 200 dollars and won’t mind to spend such a good sum of money on your purchase, you should definitely give a try to this Akai Professional MPD226. One of the best things about this particular model is that it is a bit inclined on the professional ground and in case you are looking for something that would give you a professional look and feel, this is the one for you! In case you are looking for something that would just assist your efficiency for music production, there’s no point in spending such a good sum of money over it. However, if you are looking for a device that will give you the features too, this is it!
- This MIDI controller helps you fetch all the features that you would need to produce better music
- If also enables you to uphold an unlimited tweak for live performances
- The keys are thick and well-built
- It offers an easy to use interface which makes it absolutely simple to play
- The knobs are smooth and flexible enough
- It comes with a straightforward setup which means that you can easily install it and start playing, however you feel like!
- The MIDI keyboard comes with a well-structured keybed which does not only assist production but also assures finger drumming
- The pad comprises of a backlit which means that you can easily use the product in a low light environment. Not just that, you may also choose to change the color of the pad anytime you feel like
- It comes with a great build quality
- The velocity sensitive pads will no way let you feel bored when it comes to music production
- It offers maximum sound quality to the listeners and thus, you get an excellent sound producing provision
- No complaints have been reported so far
4. Alesis V49
Are you looking for a gadget that would absolutely match the needs of your music production and ay the same time, you will feel as if you will fall in love with the instrument you own, this is the one for you! If you are going for a device that would match your preference for the design, go for this sleek and uncluttered model that would catch your eyes for sure. The placement of the pads in this particular model is very clever and the best part of this gadget is that the pads are located conveniently right beside the keyboard. Thus, you get the provision to tap the pads with your left hand while you can easily play the keys with that of your right hand. You do not require to reach over the keyboard with a lot of stretch work while playing the MIDI keyboard.
- It comes with 49 Synth action keys
- There are 8 backlit pads along with 4 assignable knobs
- There are 4 assignable buttons along with a single pedal input
- It comes with 2 wheels (pitch bend + modulation)
- It includes software or DAW: Xpand 2 and Ableton Live Lite
- It offers an absolutely easy to use interface
- No such
5. M-Audio Keystation 49 II
This have been one of my favorite deals and I have been using it for quite a long time now. If you want something that would fit in your budget as well as serve your purpose well, you must definitely go for this product. The Keystation 49 II is all about the feel of the keys and it offers you a realistic Synth feel with springy and full-sized keys that are sensitive to the velocity of your playing. This gadget is one of the best choices for players who have been looking for simplicity.
- It is absolutely easy to use and is devoid of all sorts of knobs, faders and sliders on the MIDI keyboard
- It is a perfect choice for the newbies
- The Keystation comes with a USB port along with a sustain pedal input
- There are buttons located on the side of the key oats and they form the basic of your MIDI controller’s operation
- The beginners can opt for this and they would be really happy to own this home studio experience
- This is certainly a gadget that could be kept as a player’s entry level option. You would probably love it if you are looking for an initial investment.
- Nothing reported so far!
6. IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro Full-sized 37-key MIDI Controller
Are you looking for a keyboard that will settle all your experiments as well as help you with your innovation, this IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro Full-sized 37-key MIDI Controller is one of the best deals for you? It keeps you in pace with the current musical trends so that you can mix and match to come up with something that you would love to hear again and again. It allows you to work on with your ideas as well as come up with your own creativity on the go! If you are still wondering about any particular model to choose, this would be a really amazing choice for any beginner. We even considered a lot of customer reviews and it seemed as if our customers have been really happy for the deals that they have paid for!
- It is an ideal deal for all the musicians and producers who are looking for lightweight MIDI keyboard so that they can carry the device while travelling
- It is capable of hooking up with devices at ease which means that you can connect it with any device including that of the iOS platform
- It is extremely responsive to your touch
- The design and feel of the device is indeed great
- It is awesome when it comes to performance
- It is a soft keyboard that comprises of good velocity sensitive keys
- It comes with just 37 keys
- It occupies just an amount of space of 24 inches which means that you have no area to complain about space
- It offers 2 hand playable options so that you can continue working on your creation without any limitation
- It is compatible enough with most DAWs including that of the GarageBand, Cubase along with many others
- It weighs around 3.5 lbs which ensures that it is absolutely lightweight and handy
- In case you are looking for a keyboard that will come with some stiff keys, you would probably need to look for some other product
7. Korg Triton Taktile 25
Korg Triton Taktile 25 would serve your purpose if you are looking for some really good features available for your MIDI keyboard and that too, at a competitive price. If that’s something that you have been looking for, this gadget is definitely the one for you. It comes with several onboard features as well. If you have made up your mind to be a music producer, but don’t know where to start from, make sure that you should expertise yourself in sound designing and nothing else could be a better option for you in this context than this Korg Triton Taktile 25.
- Presence of onboard features such as knobs and pads
- There is also a touch pad that helps you to work pretty much as a KorgKaossilator in real time
- Presence of filter controls as that of a synthesizer. There are options like resonance, cutoff, attack and decay. You are allowed to modify the sound simply by scrolling through the menus and then selecting the filter that you would like to change.
- It comprises of internal sounds too
- It lets you use the Korg’s Triton interface as well
- You can customize the chords assigned to each of the pads
- The onboard arpeggiator is meant to sequence the notes
- There are pads that would help in playing the chords
- It costs just 140$ for the model with 25 keys
- It is a perfect initial investment if you are just trying to keep something for yourself as a beginner to this industry
- It also comes with a set of 49 keys but that would come at an expensive rate of 400$ which would probably give you a much better brand
8. M-Audio Oxygen 49 Mk IV
If you have already been bored of checking out models with just a set of 25 keys, here we have thought of bringing you some better options to you other than this! It comes with a set of 49 keys and it comprises of similar kinds of control features too. All that is different in this case is nothing other than the availability of a greater number of keys. It is basically a 49 key MIDI controller with DAW transport controls. If you talk about the look and feel of this gadget, it is important to mention that the Oxygen 49 is pretty similar to that of the Keystation 49 model. If you are one of those who have been looking for more controls, this would probably be one of the best models you could ever have!
- The Oxygen 49 comes with track selectors along with several other useful buttons that would assist you to navigate smoothly through the DAW
- The inputs and outputs are quite similar to that of the Keystation 49
- It comprises with a sustain pedal input along with a USB port
- It is extremely portable and you can carry it to anywhere you want, and even to any event of you or any of your bachelor party as well. You can easily put it in a suitcase or a bag, whichever way you feel like!
- The pads and knobs are extremely great to use. They are easy to handle too!
- It doesn’t overwhelm anyone and is certainly one of the best deals for both the beginners as well as the intermediate players
- Oxygen wins the battle when it comes to the design and feel of the gadget
- It is one of the best products for the amateur players who have been looking for ways to learn more and perform even better
- It is reasonably priced
- The sequencing power is not up to the mark
- The sliders are flat and thus, it becomes extremely hard to grab them off
9. Novation Launchkey 49
The NovationLaunchkey 49 is by far one of the best deals in the market and the best thing about this model is that it is available under the 200 dollars cap itself. The product is just amazing in terms of performance and it comes without any sort of confusing buttons which means that you will not have to read the manual or go through online tutorials over and over again to know playing the keyboard. It is of course, one of the best items in the list and if you are looking for something that’s flexible as well as will give you a really good provision to play your favorite tracks, there’s nothing better than this!
- It comes with DAW transporting, assignable controls and other transposing notes to enhance your music producing experience
- It comes with arming tracks that would be located between the sliders and it plays really good
- It is absolutely an ideal choice for all those players who have been looking for a professional MIDI set
- It is the best keyboard god Ableton Live and you can access the triggering samples as well as the launching clips with this set
- It comes with Novation’s MIDI products which are super easy to use and handle
- It is a perfect audition keyboard and you can rely on this gadget for a perfect workflow
- It weighs something under 8 lbs
- The sliders protrude much more which makes it easy for adjusting the levels
- No such
Why did we list these products in the list?
We listed these products only after checking the customer reviews and ratings. Also, we tried enlisting some of the products that will be just ideal for the beginners as well. It is essential to understand that when you are just starting off in a particular niche, you should get something that’s up to the mark yet not too expensive or too complicated for you to afford and adapt respectively. In such a scenario, you should focus on buying something that will not burn your pocket while at the same time, meets your requirement without causing you any kind of trouble.
We have listed some of the best products available in the market in the aforementioned paragraphs. All of those products have been verified and cross verified and thus, we assured mentioning some of the best deals that will not only meet the needs of a MIDI operator but they will enhance your experience at the same time. There’s no point in breaking your bank for a MIDI controller, when you can fetch some of the best gadgets at the most lucrative prices. It is one of the best products available in the market, and you would probably love it once you start using it.
More Such Article similar to on you like on the Best MIDI Keyboards Under 200 dollars